Auto Insurance in Winston-Salem, NC
As a car owner, you should consider an auto insurance policy to protect yourself, others and your vehicle. Auto insurance is designed to provide financial protection against property, liability and medical costs following an accident.
How Does Auto Insurance Work?
Your policy is a contract between you, the policyholder, and an insurance company. By paying a monthly or annual premium, your insurance provider agrees to help pay for losses outlined in your policy.
How Much Auto Insurance Do I Need?
A policy typically includes the following coverages:
- Bodily injury liability coverage applies to injuries the covered driver causes to someone else in an auto accident.
- Medical payment (MedPay) coverage can help pay for the treatment of injuries to the insured driver and their passengers after an accident.
- Property damage liability coverage can help pay for damage caused to someone else’s property in a wreck.
- Collision coverage can help pay for damage to the covered driver’s car resulting from a collision with another car or object.
- Comprehensive coverage can help reimburse losses due to a covered event that isn’t a collision, such as fire, falling objects, explosions, earthquakes, windstorms, hail, flood, vandalism or damage from wildlife.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage can help cover expenses related to injuries and property damage when hit by an uninsured, underinsured or hit-and-run driver.
You may need additional coverage based on your unique situation. Be sure to discuss your policy with a qualified agent to get the coverage you need.
What Is Coverage Important?
Auto insurance is essential for two primary reasons. One, it is legally required in most states. If you’re driving without insurance, you could face several penalties, such as paying expensive fines, having your driver’s license suspended, having to serve jail time, having to do mandatory community service and having your vehicle impounded. Second, if you are in an accident without insurance, you will be financially responsible for all the damages out of pocket.
Where Can I Get Car Insurance in Winston-Salem, NC?
If you want to learn more about auto insurance, contact Allgood Insurance. We will be able to help you find the coverage you need.